Monday, February 24, 2014

4th Place 2014

The hardest part of being a wrestlers mom is knowing what to say after a loss.  I know I didn't always say the things Michael wanted to hear and frankly I didn't want to sugar coat it.  Sometimes I just let him do his thing.  I am pretty sure I have said more than once that its important to learn from the loss, figure out what went wrong and learn a way out of it.  So this weekend I felt like I was right back with Michael in high school but it was with Alex who is still in elementary.  With his loss came tears and frustration and possibility that he won't want to continue this sport anymore.  I told him sometimes we win, sometimes we don't, the important thing is to learn what we can do better next time.  And while he ranted about not wanting to continue I asked him to think about it a little longer.  After all was done and he stood there with his 4th place medal and a hat that had two pins for his pins, I think he will be back.  You did great Alex and I am very proud of you! thanks for reading xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment