Friday, April 6, 2012

Living it up







I thought once wrestling season was over I would have more time but that is not the case. I have yet again added to my busy schedule and started Karate myself. I have had two classes and have earned my first stripe. I am planning on testing for my yellow belt at the end of the month so I need to focus. I also was offered a wonderful opportunity to teach cardio kickboxing on Saturdays at Red Dragon. I am determined to get into shape and keep it that way. I feel great when I work out and it gives me the much deserved break I need from being with the kids all day. I feel happier and am starting to enjoy my time with the kids even more. I never realized how important it is to have me time until I actually started getting it. Alex is still doing Karate and I hope to catch up to him. He has earned his first stripe as a yellow belt and is working hard at becoming a ninja. I love that this is something he and I can do together. Dad and him have sports and projects in the man room and now he and I have this. Its not easy being the mom and the disciplinarian and the tutor and the chef and the maid and the chauffeur to him all the time. I want to have a great relationship with all my kids so they are always open and honest with me. Karate is a great way for Alex and I to have that connection. Jade and Ella go to watch him with me and they too are practicing on their own. Who knows maybe in time they will join too. I have been thinking alot about things I would like to try and do before I get too old to do them and so I might try learning to play guitar or speak a new language or skydive. Whatever it is I plan to do I am going to take advantage of it because you are never to old to learn something new. I know that one day my kids are going to be grown and gone and living an entirely new life and I don't want to be left with that empty feeling of uselessness. I am still young and I still feel even younger. So until my body can't do anymore or my mind is gone I am going to keep trying new things even if I am scared, nervous, or may think that I won't even like it. Isn't that what life is supposed to be about? thanks for reading xoxo

1 comment:

  1. I am so proud that you are taking "ME" time! That is so important. Love you and miss tons!!! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete