Saturday, April 21, 2012

HiYaaah My Ninjaaa




Three weeks ago I decided to start Karate...after all you can't have Karate without Kara haha.  I love it. It empowers me and gives me confidence to do what I want to do and be the person I want to be.  I enjoy the workout I get and I really like my new ninja family.  Alex and I bond over karate and its something we both can do together.  He is very good.  Last night I had my first belt test.  Being the strong confident woman that I am you would not have guessed that I was so nervous I thought I was going to barf.  Graphic yes but it had to be said.  I felt like my heart was in my throat and I was afraid.  Mostly because of the unexpected but also because its a test.  I was anxious to move up and do a good job.  I want to be the best at karate that I can be and I am not so forgiving of myself when it comes to making mistakes.  I was focused but definitely intimidated.  The test was about 2 hours long and mainly consisted of kids.  There were three adults testing, one other white belt and an orange belt.  The three of us were grouped together while working on club techniques.  We had to run, do push ups, stay on guard, keep our horse stance low, remember yes sir and yes ma'am, and give our very best.  I was hot, sweaty, bruised, tossed, dropped on the floor on my back, hit with a stick, punched at, kicked at, laughed with, and passed.  I am one step closer to being a ninja.  Even though I am still a beginner I feel proud of myself and excited to learn new techniques.  Now that I am also teaching cardio kickboxing where I also learn karate I have a feeling I will reach my desired body weight and shape sooner rather then later.  You are never to old to learn a new skill, I am sure I have posted that before.  Enjoy this life. thanks for reading xoxo

1 comment: