Monday, May 6, 2013

Green to Purple

I had another belt test a couple of weeks ago. It was chaos. I had extra kids at daycare, my mom was arriving for a visit, and Alex had his first flag football game. I was not prepared for the test. I didn't get to eat before it because I was too busy with daycare kids. I was rushed to get there on time and we didn't get to warm up on the floor like usual. Needless to say I didn't do my best and felt like I didn't deserve my new belt. I cried hard that night but learned that I need to make the time for myself to prepare. At my next test I will have all daycare kids picked up by 3:30 so I have time to hydrate and eat. Each test is getting harder and harder and I take my martial arts seriously. This is important to me and I shouldn't put it second at belt test time to anything. I feel better about it now but every time I step onto that mat, every time I tie my new purple belt, it reminds me I have to prove that I deserve it. thanks for reading xoxo

1 comment: