Sunday, June 10, 2012

Race to the Grapes


I ran my first 10k yesterday.  It was hot out and I hadn't trained very hard for it.  I have been having a couple of issues with the back of my right leg and my left knee, it doesn't bother me to the point I can't run but I need to get into the doctors about it.  The race started at 10am which is fairly late and since it was almost 80 degrees by then it made the running even more uncomfortable.  They made it a trail run so you were running through woods and along the snowmobile trails.  There was very little pavement to run on.  There was a huge hill which they nicknamed Mt. Everest.  It was brutal.  I doubt anyone actually ran up it.  We started a running group here in town its called Moms Run This Town and its for women only.  A couple of us were at the event and we were able to get a photo.  My good friends Leah and Heather ran the 5k course and Heather got first place in her age group.  I was 3rd place in my age group.  For the rewards the top 3 finishers got a wine glass, we all got a t-shirt, and those of us 21 and older got a mini bottle of wine after the race.  I actually gave mine to my friend Tammy because at the time, wine did not sound good at all. I ran my hardest and did my best but I don't think I will be doing a 10k again. I will probably stick to 5ks.  After the race the family and I went over to my friend Joni's who was having a BBQ. She ran the 10k and came in 4th after me by about 2 minutes. She is also in our running group.  We had a great time but the ladies who ran were tired! After that we came home, the girls attempted a nap, Kato worked on the pool, and I went shopping for a new swimming suit. Later that night Kato took Alex to the tractor pull with Grandpa Keith and the girls and I watched movies.  Today I am sore and feel like lounging in my pool after I get back from grocery shopping.  Thanks for reading xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment