Friday, August 10, 2012

Just Keep Running










I ran a 5k a few Saturday nights ago.  It benefited the National Kidney and Organ Donation foundation.  It was my first 5k in awhile.  The race started at the Capital and from there we ran along the lake front and ended at the Goodman pool.  The pool was closed down and reopened for us so that we could have a private pool party after the race.  The little kids and Kato were there and Keith came down too.  He took some photos and cheered me on.  It was my fasted 5k, I ran it in a little over 27 minutes.  That broke down to 8:55 minutes per mile.  I was really proud of myself.  The pool party was fun but the water was cold.  I hope to do the race again next year too. My ankle had been bothering me for awhile so I did finally go to a sports medicine doctor and started some physical therapy and let me tell you, it was the best thing ever! In just a few short sessions the pain in my ankle is gone and the stiffness is minimal.  I do stretches every day and have been working on the muscles to help support it.  I can not stress to you enough the importance of physical therapy and if you have any ailments to give it a try.  The following day after my Capital City 5k I ran another 5k.  A friend of mine, who is in running group with me called Moms Run This Town, had a friend who lost all of her belongings in a home fire.  My friend created a 5k fundraiser for her so I wasn't about to turn that down.  I did run almost 5 minutes slower but for me doing two 5ks within 15 hours of each other was pretty darn impressive.  I admit I was stiff and sore the next day but with a little stretching and physical therapy I was good as new.  That weekend went by super fast and even though I didn't get much else done it was all worth it.  thanks for reading xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment