Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Zombie Apocalypse 2013

Zombie Apocalypse run was last Saturday and I ran it while Kato and Alex, dressed as Zombies, attacked. I hadn't ran in a very long time and wasn't sure if I would be able to run the entire 3 miles non-stop.  It was a great morning for a run, it was cool and wet.  It drizzled a bit but nothing major.  The race started at 11 and I was in wave 2.  I got three lives, which were flags attached to a belt with velcro.  The zombies had to pull them off.  We were not allowed to round house kick the zombies and they were fast.  I lost all my lives before the halfway point.  We ran in the woods and had to hurdle fallen logs, zig zag through tarps, and crawl under things to make it through.  Once at the watering station we turned around and went back the same way.  I was sad the water was really water and not vodka.  It would have been better to calm the nerves.  Plus people were being attacked by bees and I am sure after being stung 2 to 6 times, the vodka would have been a better choice.  I was fortunate not to get stung.  They ended up rerouting the trail by the 4th wave.  I ran the entire time, with the exception of going up the slippery hill which I had to climb.  I didn't catch my finish time but I am positive it wasn't my best.  Alex ended up making all the local papers and everyone raved about his Zombie performance.  Today I am regretting two things, one that I hadn't gotten in a run or two before the race and two that I didn't stretch better.  My shin splits are killing me, my hams and quads ache, and my adductor brevis, longus, and magnus feel like they have been ripped apart to shreds! Note to self, you may feel like you are in your twenties but your body is definitely NOT!  The good news, if there is a real Zombie Apocalypse I know exactly what to do and round house kicks are allowed! thanks for reading xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment