Thursday, February 3, 2011

Dress Up Fun







When I was younger my mom would get so mad at me for changing my clothes multiple times a day or for trying on my clothes and leaving them on the floor or bed. My grandma would get a little sassy when I would play dress up in her clothes, especially when I would put on her shoes that she kept in boxes. I can hear her now "Oh Oh, now Kara, those are my best shoes, go put them back where you found them." I would try, but then would stumble across something that I just had to try on and forget about putting them back. Sometimes I would dress up in my grandpas clothes too. When my brother, Nick, and my cousin Kip, would spend the night at my grandma and grandpas we would dress up as knights and princess, with white sheets as our mighty robes and grandpa would make the boys swords from wood. We would walk around the block pretending to slay dragons, evil villains, and scary monsters. It was so much fun playing dress up. Our imagination was endless and we always had new things to do. Alex and Jade are into dress up too. Alex has bins full of imagination and Jade has started collecting some costumes too. When I go upstairs and have my closet open they dig in and find my shoes to put on. I think they just really like the clopping sound they make on the hardwood floors. Thanks to our wonderful neighbors, Jade received a bag full of dress up last night. She immediately started trying it all on. Her favorites are the swishy purple dress, the apron with gloves and ballet slippers, and of course the pirate hat. She is very much her mothers daughter. thanks for reading xoxo

1 comment: