Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Four Planes and A Wedding







The day after Ella turned 1 she made her first trip to Seattle. My dear friend Julie was getting married and I wasn't about to miss it and since Ella hasn't met my side of the family yet it was a great opportunity to have her come too. So up at 4am and on a plane by 6 to get to Seattle by 11:30. She did great on the flight even with teething. My mom and grandma met us at the baggage claim and off we went to Marysville. I had a jam packed schedule and unfortunately didn't get to do everything or see everyone I wanted. That is the downfall to having limited time. Do I get 5 minutes with everyone or select a few and hope to get to the rest another time? Tough call and a broken heart no matter what I do. I was glad Ella took to my mom quickly and stuck to her like glue cause I had to attend some things with out her. I hoped she would be good at night and sleep for me, which she did ok until about 1am when she would wake up and want to sleep with me. Then she was up at 4:50-5:00am. She took naps, I did not. Julies wedding was wonderful and beautiful and it matched Julie perfectly. The decorations and festivities were so Julie I couldn't have imagined it any other way. I felt truly blessed and fortunate that she allowed me to be a part of her special day. She is a very important person in my life and I love her very much and miss her everyday. She is like family to me and I just value her friendship deeply. I was able to meet my niece for the first time and go fishing with my dad and brother. My mom invited family over on Sunday and it was good to see everyone that came. The trip was short and sweet and I would have loved to stay longer. I thought about moving back several times but realized that the schools are too crowded and over populated with kids who show too much of their underware and swear like its the only words they know, I-5 is still too busy and when it takes 2 hours to travel 40 miles on a Saturday you know its really bad, and when I watched the news the top stories were of people getting shot, stabbed, or arrested for drugs. I like my small community and even though there are dangers all around they mostly consist of kids who drive a little too fast in the neighborhood, skunks and the neighbors who catch them, and those few punks who like to steal bicycles. We have the occasional drunk drivers, petty thieves, and some home grown weeds which are not to my liking if you know what I mean but it doesn't compare to a town who's mayor is also the towns heroine supplier. So for now I can dream about finding the happy medium and know that one day it will come. I miss my family and my friends and the ocean and the mountains but I love my kids and my husband and the life we have together. thanks for reading xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment