Friday, August 5, 2011

Brewers Game and Getting back to Running




Getting back into the swing of things, once you've been gone awhile, isn't always easy. I haven't been keeping up with my running since I went on vacation and last night when I went, lets just say it was sad! My plan is to go every other day until the race. By then I will be back to where I need to be to finish the 5k without killing myself. I have also decided to sign up for the Wisconsin State Cow Chip 5k. So the training will continue. I have a goal in mind for that one and it involves picking up my pace so we will see how it goes.

We are a blessed family with all that we have and when we get special gifts from our AWESOME friends like Ellen we feel even more blessed! So when she gave us tickets to a Brewer game I just about cried. I resisted the urge to give her the biggest hug ever but the thoughts were there! So last Sunday we headed to Milwaukee to watch the Brewers take on the Astros and much to our delight the Brewers won! It was a hot day but we had awesome tickets that allowed us to go into the club house area where they had air conditioning. Alex got a new hat and time away from his sisters and Kato got to see one of his favorite closers pitch, The Ax Man. It was a great time and we very much appreciate Ellen for it! thanks for reading xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment