Thursday, September 1, 2011

First Grade






Today was Alex's first day of First Grade and no one cried!! He woke up easily which I know will change by next week. He got dressed on his own, which also will change by next week. He ate breakfast and brushed his teeth without whining, that too will change and he got off to school without any complaints, and yes that will change too. He let me take some pictures and surprise surprise he even smiled. I think he was a little excited, especially when he remembered that this year he gets his own locker and his very own desk. He really likes having his own stuff. His teacher reminds me of my grandma, complete with hearing aid and all. She enjoys wearing stockings with socks and tennis shoes, loves her teddy bears and baseball and doesn't take much pucky from her students. So it should be a very interesting year. He is also going to Kids Club after school. I debated about sending him every day but figured if he doesn't like he doesn't have to go anymore. It will give him the opportunity to make new friends, maybe get more involved with sports and the teachers will help him with his homework. Today and tomorrow I will walk him to the classroom but come Tuesday he will have to go it alone. I think he will be ready. Thanks for reading xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment