Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Labor Day Weekend 2011








Labor Day weekend can be so bittersweet. It marks the end of summer but the beginning of beautiful fall. There is much to do in our little town during the long weekend. Sauk Prairie hosts the Wisconsin State Cow Chip Throw. People from all over come to our little town to throw cow poop. There is also a craft fair, parade, children tractor pull, beer tent, bouncy houses, food tents, live music, petting zoo, and a 5k and 10k race. This year I ran the 5k. I had been training for the Dirty Girl so I was ready for the Cow Chip Classic. There were 332 women who competed, I placed 88th. I have room for improvement. In my age group there were 44 women, I placed 12th, again room to improve. So I have decided to keep up the running and do it again next year. After the race, a shower, and some coffee the family and I hit the craft fair. It was busy as usual and lots to see. I got Jade and I bracelets, Alex got some arrows for his bow that he got from there last year, Ella got some cow socks, and we all got a yummy lunch before the parade. Bucky Badger headlined the parade along with some UW band members. Michael was in it for his accomplished wrestling team and their float was packed with trophies, awards, and medals. The kids got some candy and by then I was exhausted. We headed home for some movies and a relaxing night. Sunday we hosted the 3rd annual block party. It was drizzling and a little chilly but people showed up. Hamburgers and hot dogs, pasta salads, fruits, veggies, and a campfire with smores rounded out the night. When some guests got tired they just crashed out in our living room. Sometimes its the last time we actually see our neighbors until the next spring. We hope to get together with them for a game night and pizza during the cold winter months. Now its time to settle in, dust off the football attire, and prepare for what will feel like the longest winter EVER as it always does. Thanks for reading xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment