Thursday, May 24, 2012

High 5 myself

Kato and I joined a local gym in town and next week I go in for a personal training session.  I am excited to target some areas and hopefully get rid of these last 10 pounds that are bothering me.  Toning has done a great deal for my body shape too.  Last weekend I went shopping for Michaels graduation stuff and stopped at JCPenny for a pair or two of workout pants.  While there I spotted a table of super cute jean shorts.  I didn't have any jean shorts so I figured I would try on a pair.  I picked up a size 9 and headed to the dressing room.  I slipped them on and figured ok these will do.  They were a little tight but nothing that would warrant a bigger size. Also there were um...woman matters at hand which would result in bloating.  I decided to purchase them and as I was walking out of the dressing room I looked down and realized they were not a size 9 but a size 6!! HOLY SMOKES was I ever excited, I wanted to high 5 myself. It made may day and I had to call my husband, but he didn't answer, I called my mom but she wasn't home so I told my dad, then my husband called back then I found my mom on her cell. I wanted to spray paint it across the car but figured that would be a bit much.  All this hard work, that I have fallen in love with is paying off.  I feel energized and rejuvenated.  My body weight has always been a struggle but I am learning a new life style of exercise and healthier eating.  I don't deny myself those super yummy cupcakes or that adult beverage on the weekends but I do realize that if I chose to put it into my body I have to chose to get rid of it too.  Its a win win for me because I love my cardio, I love to run, I love karate, and recently I have found that I love to spar.  I tried it and thoroughly enjoyed all aspects of it, including being hit and kicked.  Blocking is key and being quick about it helps.  My knuckles will recover, my bruises will fade, but my pride in myself will glow like a beacon in the night! thanks for reading xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment