Thursday, September 5, 2013

First Day of School









I love the first day of school. Especially since it followed having 13 kids a day at my house! Alex did great although he was a little nervous walking in all by himself. He is going to a new school, Grand Ave and is in the 3rd grade.  I love that he can ride his bike to school and its within walking distance.  We have been walking him to school everyday and walking home.  Jade was really excited to start school too.  She kept asking all weekend when does school start.  She goes half days, starting at noon, to Spruce Street.  I drive her there and she takes the bus from Spruce Street to Grand Ave in the afternoon.  The goal is to have her and Alex walk home with a group of kids.  So far I have been walking down to meet them.  The weather is nice and its a great little walk.  Once winter hits and its cold I will just drive down.  Anyway, Jade got to her locker, posed for a quick pic, went to her desk super happy and picked out a coloring sheet.  I thought it was great, she wasn't upset at all. Then I said OK Jade I will see you after school and it hit hard. She started crying and sobbing and grabbing at me to not leave her.  She was a mess. My heart broke and while I loved how much she wanted me I hated how upset she was.  After calming her I quickly left and didn't look back. If I did, I wouldn't have the heart to go.  I worried all day about her and how she would do. I figured they would call me if it was bad.  When the time came to pick them up, Jade bound off the bus with a big huge smile! Relief washed over me and I gave her a big huge hug. I told her how much I missed her and loved her and that I was super proud.  The next day was better and today was better than yesterday.  Next week I won't be walking her in, she will hop out of the car at the curb and walk in all by herself. Three down, one to go. I have one year left with Ella then all my babies will be in school or have graduated. thanks for reading xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment