Sunday, May 8, 2011

Michael goes to PROM!!








Michael went with his girlfriend, Nicki, to her prom. He started off on the wrong foot about it with not really wanting to go but also not wanting her to go with another guy. I know how that goes cause when I was in high school I also had a boyfriend who didn't want to go to the fancy dances with me, so I went with another guy. I think by the time he saw how beautiful his girlfriend looked he changed his mind about it. He even smiled in some of the photos. He got her a corsage and she got him a boutonniere. They met up with some of her friends at a park in Lodi and took some photos. I think I got about 160 when it was all done. They made plans to eat at a fancy Chinese restaurant in Madison and had reservations at 7. I thought they both looked really nice and I was proud that Michael wore sleeves, well at least until dinner was over. I had "accidentally" forgot to grab some scissors so he could cut off the sleeves later so he ended up calling Nicki and asking her to bring some, I am not sure if he ended up cutting them off or not. He did however insist on wearing a hat, which was a small compromise. I am not sure what she got out of the hat deal other then a date with him. As a mom it is always bittersweet when your children hit milestones and this was one for Michael, his first formal dance. Maybe for the next one I can actually get him to wear a tux. I will probably have to buy one from the thrift store so he can cut the sleeves off but at least it will be a tux. thanks for reading xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment