Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Happy Memorial Day 2011











Sunday was not very eventful mainly cause the weather was not cooperating with us. It was dreary out and a little bit chilly. So the girls and I stayed home while the boys went to help paint. I wanted to get in a run when they got home but Jade was so fussy she wouldn't let up about going with me so I took her on a fast walk. I got my heart rate up but it wasn't the run that I wanted. Earlier that day I did pull off a new tae bo workout, which kicked my butt and is longer then what I was used to. They say mixing it up a bit is good for you. I wanted to get up to get some groceries on Monday morning but my plans were thwarted again and I ended up taking the kids to the Pig for the things that were needed immediately. Once back home it was time to get ready for the cookout!
It was super hot on Monday and I wanted it to be a fun day. I busted out the hard plastic pool and filled it with water. Once the kids were in swim gear and lubed up with sunscreen I let them get wet. It wasn't even 10am and already in the 80's. We made a play pen for Ella complete with shade and padding so she wouldn't get hurt and we didn't have to worry about her climbing in a pool. We ended up having 3 kiddie pools, a waterslide, a slip-n-slide, a world sprinkler, and plenty of kids who were willing to pour some cool water on your feet to help bring down the temperature. Jade slid down the waterslide so fast she almost flew right over the pool at the bottom, we ended up using a bigger one just in case. Even Ella got in on some slip-n-slide action. We grilled hot dogs and brats, ate corn on the cob, watermelon, and pasta salad. For dessert we had red, white, and blue snocones and cookies. The kids got out their power wheels and tore it up!! Every once in awhile we would hear one of them say "Im Bored!" so we figured out another thing for them to do as we reminisced about how we never had power wheels when we were kids and how the only toys we had were a rock and a stick. Man, times have changed! We played Bocce Ball and Croquet. Its always so much fun with Dan and Ellen. Anyway, once the Brewer game came on we set up the tv outside the garage, ordered some pizzas, kicked back, and watched them fall to the Reds. A quick bath for the kids and off to bed where everyone was too hot to sleep well. Time to bust out the AC!! It was a pretty good Memorial Day and a great kick off to summer!! thanks for reading xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment