Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Happy 4th of July


Saturday Michael was supposed to be home at 10:30am but of course his luck kicked in and he had delays. He didn't get in until a little after 1pm. Kato and Alex had plans to go to Lake Michigan to celebrate the 4th of July and Uncle Runkles birthday. They were going to sleep in the van and Alex was super excited about it. Jade and I were hanging back at the house and I was looking forward to having some mom and daughter time. I hope it will be the first of many. Anyway, Jade and I went down to Fire on the River, which is the fireworks show our town puts on to celebrate the 4th. They close down one bridge into town and shoot the fireworks over the river. People can sit on the bridge and enjoy the show. They ask for donations to help pay for the fireworks and I am happy to give for that cause. Our neighbors saved us a spot since I had to figure out my own seating arrangement. Kato had taken all our lawn chairs to the lake. Once down on the bridge and everything was set the wait took forever. They shot off a couple of test fireworks which only teased us. Finally about 10 the show started and a huge ball of fire came shooting up and over the tree line. We all gasped and wondered if something serious had just happened. The show continued and I didn't hear any firetrucks or see any boats rushing to the firework area so maybe it was normal. They don't call it "fire on the river" for nothing. Jade seemed to really like it and sat through the entire show on my lap. I loved every minute of it, snuggling her under our blanket. She pointed up at them and turned to look at me, gave me a big smile and then turned again to watch. We got home around 11 and she didn't go to bed until 11:30. She slept until 10:30 the next day which was the actual 4th of July. It was a perfect evening for us girls. thanks for reading xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment