Friday, November 19, 2010

Mama has an agenda...

When I was growing up our family Christmas was always the best!! There was only one Christmas that I thought to myself "what the heck happened here?" And I know this sounds shallow (I was just a kid), but it was cause the gifts totally sucked!! Mom and Dad, I am sorry but it did, and as I look back now I know why and understand. It did get better once we got to Grandma and Grandpas house. We always had the best Thanksgivings too! With the holiday season fast approaching I always think about those holidays growing up and wanting the same things for my kids. I want that look of awe and excitement on their faces when they see that Santa came. I want the big squeals of joy when they tear into the most awesome thing EVER!! I want the paper clutter everywhere and smell of coffee and sweet rolls in the air. I want to be able to give my kids memorable holidays and when I ask them what their favorite gift is I want them to be tongue tied and not able to pick out just one. It is getting harder and harder though. Michael wants guns and $300 dollar video game players followed by more expensive games and toys for teenagers. Jade and Ella are easy, one or two things will fulfil their desires and it takes them all morning to open them anyway. Then there is Alex who too wants everything under the sun and on all the commercials. He knows his birthday is close to Christmas and is now saying exactly what he wants for his birthday followed by what he wants for Christmas and in what order and just assumes he will get it. The good thing is when I really sit down and talk to him about it he seems to get the concept of one big thing and maybe a couple little things and when I ask him what one big thing he wants the most...he always says the same thing. So this year to save us the money, time, and possibly heartache of not getting the goods, I have decided to brave the 4am sales and hit the stores for Black Friday! I am not sure if I will be getting the guns and video game players but I am sure whatever I get it will be good. If not, well, things can always be returned, exchanged, or bought yourself. So as I prepare myself (not like the lady in the Target commercials) for Black Friday I can only think of one type of strategy...OUTTA my way cause this Mama has an agenda and four kids that deserve the best! thanks for reading xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment