Monday, September 21, 2009

Ladies Football Weekend




San Francisco 49ers vs. Seattle Seahawks September 20th 2009




Friday night I didn't get to sleep until 1 am. We had some company, we had some flu shots, I was excited!! Jade wakes up 3:15am with a sore leg and needs Tylenol. My alarm scheduled to go off at 4am so I can get ready for ladies football weekend. I decide to just stay awake. After my shower, getting stuff ready I look at the clock and its 5:07am. I have a flight at 6:45am. Kato isn't up yet and I need to get to the airport by 5:45am. Now the rush is on. Jade is asleep and I didn't want to wake her. We ask the cousins to listen for her and Kato and I are quick to get to the airport. I board and the flight is delayed due to engine problems. They call in a mechanic and fix it. Forty five minutes later we are on our way. I arrive to San Francisco around noon, no sleep on the flight cause I am too excited. I meet up with Joann and we get to Union Square to meet up with Julie, Jodi, Erin, Jane, and Candy. Once there and at the hotel we split up and some go shopping and hang poolside while Julie, Candy and I go for a bike ride. We started at pier 41 headed to the Golden Gate bridge and then proceeded to Sausalito. Up hill, downhill and the wind is chilly but the sun is out!! When we get to the bridge the fog starts rolling in and the wind picks up like crazy. At each pillar it gets harder to ride and poor Candy is blown up against the railing by the wind. Our ears are burning and our faces are frozen but we carry on. Sausalito reminded me of Door County, cute and fancy. We had some great photo opps. It was so much fun! We caught the ferry back to town which had live entertainment. The views were amazing and the entire bike experience was so worth the workout! We returned the bikes and headed back to the hotel about 6pm. We got a little fancied up and headed to an Italian restaurant for dinner. It was good! Since I only had 2 hours of sleep the night before and it was about 10pm San Fran time and I had biked 8 miles that day I was really super tired (that would be 12am Wisconsin time) so some of us went to a bar while us old tired ones went back to the hotel for rest. We stayed up and talked for a bit and giggled like girls do but we were all soon fast asleep dreaming of the next days events. Sunday morning arrives and I get up and get ready for the game. I grab my phone and wallet, head to Starbucks, get a coffee and phone home. After, I went back to the room and everyone was busy getting ready. We hit a local hole in the wall for breakfast and it was fast and good. We meet up with Dawn and the 9 of us hop a bus for Candlestick park. Julie, Joann, Jane, Jodi, Erin, Dawn, Candy, Molly, and I are decked out in Seahawks stuff and we get alot of sh*t for it but at that point, its all good fun. Once to the park we have to hit the bathroom so the higher maintenance ladies can get prettied up. We grab a beer and head to our seats! We are so close to the field, 5 rows up. We get to watch the Hawks run out onto the field and the sun is bearing down on our left sides. It was a rough game and Hasselbeck got hurt. We lost and the fans made sure we knew it. They weren't always nice which sucked but we kept our heads up and for the most part tried to ignore it. At times it was really mean and it was sad that the fans laughed and thought it was good that our guys got hurt bad. I don't understand why you have to be such a brat and so mean about injured players but they were drunk buttheads. There was a fight in our section and the cops were involved. An older lady got hurt and had to be removed by stretcher. After the loss we were sad but we thought it was still fun and to think we were in Candlestick park. That place is full of so much history it will be bittersweet when they tear it down. I guess its supposed to happen by 2014. Anyway, we had to wait for the bus and more and more people kept saying rude things but it was tolerable and we continued to ignore most of it. We got back to our neck of the woods and after walking for a bit we settled on a fancy dinner spot called the Grand Cafe. It was super yummy and we had dessert. At about 9:15 we finished up and started back to the hotel. I was tired and most of the girls were burnt on the left side. We got two bottles of wine and only got through one. As we all decided to hang in and chat it up I realized that I am pretty lucky. We laughed and almost cried, we shared and sometimes disagreed but it was so much fun. At about 12:30am it was time to sleep...I had a flight in the morning and had to get up at 3:50am. We turned out the lights and Jane saw something flash red on the ceiling and was very concerned so we turned on the lights to investigate and were up for another 30-40 minutes laughing and sharing some more. It was a fantastic ladies football weekend and I can't wait for next year. As usual it was hard to leave cause I really miss my bestest girlfriend Julie. Well thanks for reading xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment