Thursday, January 28, 2010

Pancake Batter


So this morning I decided to make the kids some pancakes for breakfast. We usually have them once a week. I had the griddle out and ready to go, the 4 cups of batter was mixed and sitting on the counter in a shiny silver bowl. Jade was also in the kitchen at the time pulling out my pots and pans from below where I was fixing breakfast. I opened the cupboard to get out the plastic plates when all of a sudden they slipped out of my hands and landed straight into the pancake batter. When they landed in the batter they acted like a big scoop and scooped out all but one cup of batter. The batter went flying and landed right on top of Jades head. To be exact I had one dime size spill on the floor and one quarter size spill on the cupboard door below but the rest landed right on her head. She immediately reached up with her hand to feel the goo. With a big clump in her hand she looked up at me with a look of "what the heck was that for" and I couldn't help but laugh. I wanted to get a picture but she started to dig in her ears as it was now running down her head into her ears, on her face, and landing on her shoulders. I had to clean it off of her but laughed the entire time. She didn't cry but oh my was it funny. Breakfast went on afterward without further incident. thanks for reading xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment