Sunday, March 14, 2010

100 Years of Broadway and a backed up drain

Mom left our house really early yesterday. She decided to shop in Wisconsin Dells before getting on board the train. Kato was doing laundry and I was slowly taking my time getting ready for the nights events. Around 3:30 or so I hear Kato shouting downstairs so I hurry down to see whats the matter. I guess our drain was not draining right and we had about an inch of water on the floor. The past 3 days have been really warm and all our snow has melted outside, which was about 26-28 inches. He ran the dishwasher, did laundry and our water tank was doing its cycle so we are hoping with the snow draining, and all the other stuff it just got backed up a bit. We will keep an eye on it. Keith came to pick up the younger kids at 4:30. Kato finally got around to getting ready and I finished up. It took me all day but I took 3 hour breaks in between. So at 5:30 we meet up with Dan and Ellen for an adult night out. We had dinner at Smokys on University. Ellen, Dan and I all had prime rib and Kato had broiled fish. It was super yummy. The only thing that would have made it better for me was a glass of wine. I did have a sip of Katos beer cause it was on tap and that makes it taste so good. I managed to find a coupon on line for 20% off our total bill so it saved us $28. After that we headed to downtown for a night of Neil Berg's 100 Years of Broadway at the Overture Center. It was awesome!!! The performers were Rita Harvey (Hodel-Fiddler on the Roof, Christine-The Phantom of the Opera), Carter Calvert (It Aint Nothin But the Blues, Cats) Robert DuSold (Mimi le Duck, Las Vegas production of Mamma Mia, Broadway-The Producers, Les Miserables, Phantom of the Opera) Lawrence Clayton (Montel/Jesus Jerry springer the Opera at Carnegie Hall, Bells Are Ringing, Ain't Nothin But the Blues). They did some other stuff but if you know Broadway then you know these. Anyway, it was a great time and great seats. If you know me then you know I love singing Broadway musical numbers mostly while the kids are eating lunch but still its fun and yes I suck but its still fun. So Dan is kind of the same way and so I am sure after seeing it he was temped to burst into song while still in the Overture Center but like me, resisted. All in all it was a great night and Thank You Dan and Ellen for the fun adult time!!!! Now its time to get back to regular life. Kato and I are going out to breakfast before picking up Alex and Jade and tonight we will be off to Michaels wrestling awards dinner. Thanks for reading xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment