Wednesday, June 24, 2009

First Day At the Pool


Tuesday we decided to go to the pool. I had 2 babies under 10 months old, two 2 year olds, one 4 year old and one 5 year old. They took naps and then we got up and ready to go. Swim suits on, sunscreen on, towels, extra diapers, wipes, water bottles, snacks, pool toys, pool passes, and goggles piled into two bags and a stroller and away we go. Oh don't forget to go potty everyone before we leave which all the big kids did. I already ticked off one of the babies with the swim suit cause it had those built in floaty things and it was the first time wearing it so it was hard to get on and then he couldn't sit in it without falling over and forget about crawling. The sun was in their eyes so that didn't help and there wasn't much I could do plus it was about 900 degrees outside so the babies were strapped in and hot!! We get to the pool which took extra long cause some kids don't walk as fast as others and no one was there to check us in then people began to pile up and and finally someone showed up. Of course someone who already went potty before we left has to go potty again so we all waited. Finally at the pool I pondered on how I was going to do this and figured I will just have to make it up as I go along and hope for the best. Well both babies were upset it was taking so long and the kids were not listening cause they were so excited. I was dripping with sweat and instantly regretted my decision to go to the pool. Too late now must carry on. Get off the shoes, hang up the towels, get out the toys, goggles and kick boards, organize the bags and pick up and carry both babies into the water. Sitting in the water was so nice and refreshing and I didn't really care that there was about 100 little kids there who probably already peed in the pool and possibly spit up too or just spit for that matter it still felt good. Jade and Kale both really liked the pool but poor Kale couldn't sit up without falling over in his suit and Lyric had never been there before so he didn't really understand it was ok to play he just sat by me. Alex kept coming up and splashing the babies and Kale was really ticked off. So after about 30 minutes of that it was time to relocate out of the sun and give the babies a break but that didn't go over to well as one of them was not happy to have to get out of the water. I put them in the stroller, wheeled it close to the pool and decided to give each baby a turn in the water one at a time. Not a good idea because one would be out and the other was screaming to get out too. I gave the babies some water in sippy cups in hopes it would help which it did for a minute. Lyric decided he was ok to venture out on his own a bit and play but I was worried cause I didn't know if he would know what to do if he fell over. It turns out I was right cause he headed face first and I had to quick grab him cause he didn't know to just stand up. Its only 12 inches deep but when its your first time in the pool and you fall face first you can get a little confused. Anyway now I was out of range for Kale and he screamed bloody murder which made everyone look. I was trying my best to give fair turns to the babies but when one wants more then the other you just do whatever it takes to keep them from screaming. Jade was happy to just sit in front and watch us with her sippy cup so I played mostly with Kale. Then when it was time for his milk he was not happy to get out. I was losing. The milk helped and he was content for a bit. I took Jade out and she splashed and cooled off then I decided I wanted to play with the big kids for a bit, but someone didn't like that idea cause the screams started up again so I just sat next to the babies and thought to myself is it 5:00 yet. The kids kept coming up asking for a snack and the babies were getting fussy so at 4:45 we got out of the pool and began the transition to come home. OMG that darn suit with the floaties in it was a pain in my ass!! Sorry but I could not get it off for the life of me and the poor kid was once again screaming blood murder. Finally I figured it out but the damage was done. I got the babies into dry diapers gave them their sippy cups and we headed out of the pool. Since everyone was pretty much pissy we came straight back to my house for snack. Jade was hungry and wanted to nurse, Eli was buck naked and crying trying to get his wet swimmer off which was stuck around his ankles, Lyric was still in wet clothes sitting on the couch, Rylee was naked trying to help Eli with the door wide open for the neighbors to see, Kale was screaming cause he wanted to be in the kitchen, Alex was playing with his wet clothes instead of throwing them down the stairs and I was trying to get it all done at once while I too was still in wet clothes. It was a mad house!! Finally everything started to come together the kids were fed, changed, dry, and happy and just when I thought it was over, all the moms showed up, Kato walked through the door and Michael came home with 4 friends and the frenzy started up again. It was a heck of a day and so today we are staying here and Rylee is sharing her new pool with us today. It has a slide and water shooters and a basketball hoop and ring toss. The good news is while at the pool, no one drowned, got lost, threw up, pooped in their swimmer or had an injury. Am I going to go back to the pool?? You bet cause even with the craziness its still worth it to make the kids happy and have them enjoy the summer. They deserve to meet new kids, experience the pool, laugh and swim. They are all good kids just trying to do what I am trying to do...have fun!! thanks for reading xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment