Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Happy Fathers Day




We had a great Fathers day. Sunday we woke up and took our time getting ready for the day. Since Saturday was so busy it was nice to just enjoy a cup of coffee and plan for the nights events. I ended up making breakfast which included Katos favorite corned beef hash, which I think looks and smells like dog food. We gave Kato his fathers day cards with some Mallard tickets and Noahs Ark tickets enclosed. We also got him some new ice packs. Not too personal but he was happy with it all. Jayne and Keith came over for dinner. I grilled out some ribs and chicken. We had some macaroni salad, potato salad, garden salad, corn on the cob and topped it off with brownies ala mode drizzled with a raspberry and blackberry sauce. It was so good. We got Keith a t-shirt and hat combo that says Grandpa Rocks. It was muggy and hot and it rained a bit but we ate outside on the porch so we were covered. I called my dad but only got the answering machine so I left two messages. It was sad for a few minutes while I sat on my bed thinking about my grandpa. I tried really hard not to cry but did anyway. I guess it helps every now and then. Its going to be a tough year and I deeply miss his Sunday phone calls. I wanted to talk to him so bad and just hear his voice and wished I had saved his phone messages. Anyway, the evening was great and everyone was full and happy. Alex got to show them how he can ride a two wheeler and Jade was showing off how she just rolls around and scoots and gets to where she wants to go. Michael graced us with his presence just to eat, visit for a bit and then disappeared again. Thats a 15 year old for ya. Monday rolled in and it was HOT HOT HOT!! Not much happened and when we tried to play outside for a bit it was so hot the babies were getting fussy so after about an hour and a half we headed inside. Michael has something growing on his feet so we had to get an appointment for the doctors office. I swear sometimes I need to get a tub full of bleach water and have him soak daily just to get the scuzz off! BOYS ARE SOOOOO GROSS!!! thanks for reading xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment